Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Shopping

I have done the majority of my christmas shopping this year online.  It's great.  Only 3 gifts I physically went to the store and purchased. 
Here's a little something I want to share:  If your child finds out, by whatever means, that Santa isn't real, get over it!  He's not real.  Does a man really come down your chimney and bring your kids gifts?  If he does, please send him my way because I've been buying those gifts myself all these years.  I understand wanting your child to hold on to that belief as long as possible.  It's youthful and fun.  But if they happen to find out the truth, don't be mad.  It happens and it's inevitable!  It's ridiculous to be angry about it.  My child questions it all the time.  I simply tell her if she chooses to believe then he is real and he's real in her heart if she wants him to be.  I tell her to make her own mind about it and don't listen to what others have to say.  She says, "well then, I think he's real."  I realize that won't always be her answer and I'm ok with that too.  Yes, I want our children to be children as long as possible.  But I certainly will not be angry at another child for telling my child that santa isn't real.  It's called life.  It happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment